Monday, February 1, 2010

What if?

I am sitting here watching Deja Vu and thinking, what if one could travel to the past? If you had the ability to travel back to any point in your life and maybe change one thing would you? If so what you change? Would you fix a mistake or maybe give yourself winning lotto numbers?

I, like most people, have made a few mistakes in my life. I could definitely use extra money, but I don't think I would change anything. Doing so could change things enough so I wouldn't be who I am today. I have an amazing wife that I love with all my heart. I have twins on the way. I have a job now, while it doesn't pay much, I don't hate. Why risk the happiness I currently feel just to undo a wrong or attempt to improve things. From where I am sitting things look pretty good.

No, if I could travel to the past I would just use the opportunity to witness something cool and historic and maybe learn something that I could use in the future.